Saturday, July 12, 2008

Summer Fun - Amusement Parks

My children seem to forgetting a lot of fun things that we've done this summer already so I thought I would post some of the photos I've taken throughout the summer here.
In June, a friend of mine invited my children and I to go with her to a Six Flags amusement park. We've never been mostly because of how expensive it is and also because I'm more of a nature person along with my husband. She had a bunch of coupons and so we only had to pay for food and parking.
It was a really long day but a fun experience for my children but they stayed with me well and were very well-behaved. They have never really been on any rides and they were terrified to even ride most of them. They each did dare to ride one roller coaster, a few of the water rides, and a lot of the kiddie rides if they were allowed. Hopie and Brigi were already too big for a lot of those - growing up can be a bummer. They all decided that the wave pool was there favorite thing only it was a bit too crowded. We kind of turned into lobsters with sunburn and we tried to drink a lot of Powerade to keep cool.
Also, the whole day we only saw these characters of Wonder Women and Robin. We were able to get a quick picture of at least 3 of my kids with the characters. They had been on the lookout all day for more exciting characters like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and we just missed Scooby-Doo, Shaggy and Daphne.
Overall, we had a great experience, did alright amongst the crowds and we were extremely tired at the end of the day. Finally, we all agreed that overall we have had just as much fun at the Zoo or swimming together. As a mother, I'm happy about that.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Which park is that at, Julie?

JanB said...

When I took the boys last year, the superhero they wanted a picture with more than any other was Wonder Woman. We never did find her! You guys lucked out. Glad you had so much fun.

Marcia Mickelson said...

We've only been there once too and it was so crowded. We drank so much powerade when we were there because it was hot. My kids keep wanting to go back, but it is too expensive. We only went because Nolan's job had a work party and paid for everything. I don't forsee us going back with those prices. My kids loved the wave pool too. That was my favorite.